Gluten-Free Vanilla Banana Bread
It’s a little sad when bananas turn brown, but it’s a little less sad when you turn them into a super vanilla-y, gluten-free banana bread.
This gluten free version is somehow simultaneously crumbly and gooey, and super easy to put together. If you’re not sensitive to wheat, you’ll still love this bread. Admittedly, it’s a little more on the cake side than the bread side, but it’s in a bread shape so it can still pass for breakfast in my book.
Bonus points if you drizzle a little honey or maple syrup on top.
Gluten-Free Vanilla Banana Bread:
4 Ripe Bananas (overripe is best)
Flax Eggs (equivalent to two eggs)
¾ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Sugar
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
2 ½ Tbsp Brown Rice or Agave Syrup
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Sea Salt
¾ Tsp Cinnamon
¼ Tsp Ginger (optional but it does give it a nice flavor)
1 ½ Cup Gluten Free Flour
¾ Cup Coconut Flour
1 ¼ Cup Oats (Or Oat Flour) Gluten Free
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Mix the flax eggs and set aside for fifteen minutes to thicken.
4. In a large bowl, mash bananas and stir in flax eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, sugar, brown sugar, brown rice syrup, and coconut oil. Whisk together until well blended and set aside.
5. In a separate large bowl, mix baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger (if using) and flours together until mixed.
6. Slowly add flour mixture to banana mixture until just mixed. Pour mixture into the lined loaf pan and bake for one hour (check it after fifty minutes).
** Ignore the cracking on the top, that is completely normal. When done, a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
Let sit until cool and then remove from pan. Slice and store in an airtight container or in the refrigerator.